Autumn General Assembly 2022
Autumn General Assembly 2022
When: 23 October, 09h00 - 18h00
Where: KU Leuven
Address: Kleine Aula (MTC 00.15), Augustinusvleugel (109-03),
Sint-Michielsstraat 6 , 3000 Leuven
Can I participate remotely? Yes! The link to the stream: https://youtu.be/BMeofLbZfPg.
How can I vote? If you have been a legal member of Volt Europa before 23 September, you will receive an email to your volteuropa inbox on 8 October with the subject "Convening Notice General Assembly 23 October - Volt Belgium" with your individualised voting token. If you do not receive your voting token, do not hesitate to make a ticket by emailing email@example.com.
Volt Europa General Assembly 2021 in Lissabon
What's on the agenda?
On the agenda are many exciting points, among which are: Presentation and approval of the 2023 Budget and the 2024 Electoral Strategy; Statutory Amendments to improve our internal governance; Election of Secretary Generals, Volt Values Board as well as the Electoral Board.
Please check out the GA Agenda here to get an overview of the day and to see the timing and an overview of the votes planned for this event as well as the supporting documents.
Mandates up for election
If you are interested in any of the open vacancies, you can read up on the vacancy descriptions here below:
Article 55 - Secretary General
The Organ of the Associations delegate the day-to-day management of the Association to maximum two (2) Effective Members or a third-party until such time as the Association may appoint staff. The post holder or post holders are the Secretary General and act jointly.
Article 56 - Powers of the Secretary General
The Secretary General is the liaison between the Organs of the Association and the national coordination of volunteers and staff of the Association and has the following powers limited to and including:
- Attendance as a non-voting advisor at all Board of Administrators proceedings or appointment of a delegate instead;
- Delegated authority on behalf of the Board of Administrators to supervise all volunteers and staff exercising national, regional, and provincial functions including recommending the suspension or dismissal to the Board of Administrators;
- Delegated authority on behalf of the Board of Administrators to conduct selection processes in accordance with Internal Rules and Procedures;
- Delegated authority on behalf of the Board of Administrators to appoint ad-interims volunteers and staff exercising national, regional, and provincial functions including until such time as permanent appointments or elections can be arranged for positions held by volunteers and/or staff;
- Authority to solely, and on a limited basis, the ability to:
- Take, give, rent Association property or conclude any rental contracts as long as the maximum amount does not exceed 1000 EUR per operation;
- Sign contracts with any service provider or supplier of the Association as long as the maximum amount does not exceed allocated budget provisions;
- Make and accept price offers, make and accept orders, conclude all contract concerning the purchase or sale of Association property so long as the maximum amount does not exceed 1000 EUR per operation;
- Draft and submit requests for subsidies, project funding;
- Execute together with the Secretary and Treasury of the Executive Committee any essential acts to ensure compliance with all belgian legal provisions;
- Execute decisions of the Board of Administrators.
Article 57 - Mandate of the Secretary General
The Secretary General is elected by the General Assembly. The Secretary-General is mandated for a renewable term length of two (2) years.
Article 51 - Electoral Board
The Electoral Board has the exclusive competence to manage, coordinate, and execute all national, regional and provincial elections including the processes of confirmation votes. It may also, on request of a Local Assembly, supervise processes of local elections and confirmation votes.
Article 52 - Members of the Electoral Board
The Electoral Board consists of a minimum of three (3) Members. The Electoral Board Members are elected at the Annual General Assembly before the conclusion of the Annual General Assembly in accordance with the Internal Rules and Procedures.
Article 53 - Mandate term of the Electoral Board
The Electoral Board has an elected term length of two (2) years.
Article 54 - Meetings and notifications of the Electoral Board
The Electoral Board meets at least one (1) time per year, using digital means on an approved platform of the Association. It may also meet more frequently whenever the interests of the Association require it. The Electoral Board acts jointly and with consensus, in the event of a disagreement.
The Secretary General, or a delegate appointed by the Secretary General, attends all Electoral Board meetings as a non-voting advisor and represents the national functional leads and teams in Board proceedings.
Article 46 - Volt Values Board
The Volt Values Board is an independent body, guardian of these Statutes, as well as the Code of Conduct and the Internal Rules and Procedures. The Volt Values Board is composed of sub-committees fulfilling the functions of mediation, disciplinary, and governance. The Volt Values Board sits in rotating chambers for the purposes of mediation and conflict resolution, accordingly Volt Values Board members sitting in an Article 18 procedure hearing may not sit in a related Article 19 procedure hearing except for the purposes of representing the Mediation Committee.
In accordance with Article 19, the Volt Values Board sits in full chamber and is competent for taking decisions on:
- Appeals of a Disciplinary Committee decision which it may accept or reject only on the basis of procedural error;
- Reviews requested by the Organs of the Association on their validity with regards to these Present Statutes, Code of Conduct, and Internal Rules and Procedures;
- Appeals of the Executive Committee on a decision by the Provincial Committee to rescind a decision of the Executive on the sole basis of compliance with these present Statutes, Code of Conduct, and Internal Rules and Procedures;
- Appeals of an Organ of the Association on a decision to create a new Commission or Committee on the sole basis of non-compliance with Article 68;
- Tabling to the General Assembly, adopted proposals of the Governance Committee to amend Statutes, Code of Conduct, and Internal Rules and Procedures;
- Provoking a virtual Article 23 General Assembly to ratify amendments to the Code of Conduct.
Article 47 - Mandate term of the Volt Values Board
Members of the Volt Values Board are directly elected by Effective Members at the General Assembly, for a renewable two (2) years term length. The Volt Values Board is composed of a minimum of two (2) Co-Chairs and four (4) full members elected from the Effective Members. The Members of the Volt Values Board are appointed by the General Assembly and may not hold any other leadership roles in the Association during their mandate.
Article 48 - Mediation Committee
The Mediation Committee, in accordance with Article 18 of these Statutes, is exclusively empowered to dismiss and open Article 18, and, or initiate Article 19 Proceedings. It seeks to amicably resolve complaints in the spirit of Volt values as captured by these Statutes, the Code of Conduct, and Volt Europa Statutes, Charter and Internal Regulations. If necessary, the Mediation Committee has limited sanctioning powers, including and limited to:
- Issuing advice on the interpretation of the Statutes, Code of Conduct, and Internal Rules and Procedures;
- Issuing a private, non-binding recommendation to the contravening Party;
- Issuing a private, binding recommendation to the contravening Party;
- Rescinding a decision of an Organ on the basis of non-compliance to the Statutes, Code of Conduct, or Volt Europa Statutes, Charter and Internal Regulations;
- Escalating a case to the Disciplinary Committee in accordance with Article 19.
Article 49 - Disciplinary Committee
The Disciplinary Committee, in accordance with Article 19 of these Statutes, is exclusively empowered to dismiss or render a verdict on Article 19 Proceedings. It only hears cases escalated to it by the Mediation Committee by virtue of the gravity of the cases upon which it is asked to statute. If necessary, the Disciplinary Committee has limited sanctioning powers, including and limited to:
- Reject the findings of the Mediation Committee;
- Issue a public warning to the contravening Party;
- Issue a public reprimand to the contravening Party;
- Suspend the voting rights or mandates of the contravening Party;
- Recommend expulsion of the contravening Party to the General Assembly on the basis of a two-thirds (2/3) majority of the Disciplinary Committee.
Article 50 - Governance Committee
The Governance Committee drafts, at its own initiative and as necessary, proposals to amend the present Statutes, Code of Conduct, and Internal Rules and Procedures.
If you are interested or have any questions, do not hesitate to reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Not a member yet?
You are very much invited to attend the General Assemblies in Prague of Volt Europa and Volt Belgium in Leuven, be it in person or remotely. General Assemblies are great opportunities to get to know Volt better.
If you wish to shape the future of Europe with us sign up now here. Our community team is looking forward to meeting you!
In the case you are a Volter living in Belgium but a member of a national Volt chapter other than Volt Belgium, that allows double membership, you may also apply for Belgian membership by sending an email to email@example.com.
Get in touch with us
If you have any questions, or if you want to get in touch with the Board, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to seeing you numerous!
Johanna and Carlo,
For the Board of Volt Belgium